Do I need Javascript or xd_receiver.htm file when using fbconnectauth?

Sep 16, 2009 at 10:06 AM

Hi,

I have a basic aspx page in an new solution and copied your code over, but I always get auth.Validate() == ValidationState.InvalidSignature

I have triple checked my api key and my app secret.

However, my aspx page does not make reference to the Facebook Featureloader.php.js file, nor does it have the xmlns for Facebook connect. Additionally, I do not have a xd_receiver.htm file. Are any of these necessary, because I was under the impression the authentication could be done purely server side using the REST API without the need for any Javascript or other components.

Thanks,

A.

Coordinator
Oct 4, 2009 at 12:57 AM

Hi,

Yes, you need both of those things to use FB Connect, and fbconnectauth. It sounds like you are using the Facebook API, not Facebook Connect. If you are trying to allow users to sign in to your website using their facebook accounts, then the easiest way is Facebook Connect. Check out http://developers.facebook.com/connect.php for more info.

Hope that helps,

Adam

Sep 16, 2010 at 6:41 PM

I've got the JS installed and your library. My app appears to be making a connection, as its printing out my FB userId. I'd like to upload a photo and post it on Facebook. Is your FBConnectAuth capable of doing this?

Thanks a lot.